+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application

Shaning Yu

Answers Provided

Default Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application

SW: ArcGIS Server 9.3
    Description: All of the services in that server got Server Errors like that below. However, if I view the services through the Manager, I could not find anything wrong - The thumbnail map display well.

Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    Exception Details: ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ImpersonationException: Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity.

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ImpersonationException: Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity.]
    ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.AGS.AGSServerConnection.Connect(Boolean throwExceptionOnUnauthorizedAccess) +329
    ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.AGS.AGSServerConnection..ctor(String host, Identity identity, Boolean connect) +45
    ESRI.ArcGIS.REST.RestAppConfig.CheckSecuritySetting(HttpContext ctx) +106
    ESRI.ArcGIS.REST.RestAppConfig..ctor(HttpContext context) +61
    ESRI.ArcGIS.REST.RestUtils.GetRestAppConfig(HttpContext context) +79
    ESRI.ArcGIS.REST.RestModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication app) +26
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +406
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity.]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8910703
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

Shaning Yu

Answers Provided

This post is marked as the answer

Default Re: Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application - Problem was gone

The reported problem was gone after my co-worker did some re-configuration work.

T. Wayne Whitley

Answers Provided

Default Re: Server Error in '/ArcGIS/rest' Application

I had the exact same problem brought to my attention today, the same feedback message (had to alter the rest web.config file to allow messaging through to the displayed web page). Figured it only fair to post the working solution - this below worked for me but I'll certainly keep an eye on it in case further troubleshooting is required!

Error: Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity
    http://support.esri.com/en/knowledge...s/detail/37427

Also, further readings helped immensely in understanding, particularly posts from Domenico Ciavarella...here's a couple of nice forum resources helping to illuminate the issue:

Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied - connect from my REST/IIS
    http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/168...om-my-REST-IIS

Server could not authenticate the supplied identity
    http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=1702&t=233637

Hope that helps,
    Wayne

+ Reply to Thread