+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

Carlos Colón-Maldonado
    Answers Provided

Default Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

Hi,

I downloaded the Vehicle Commander template application and attempted to run the precompiled jar file from my ArcGSI Runtime SDK for Java 1.0 Read Hat 6.2 development machine which runs JDK7. I noticed first that no map layers were being displayed. In viewing the default mapconfig.xml file, I noticed a list of pre-defined basemap layers. They all point to "C:\Data\A4WCaches\ScannedMaps\Scanned Maps" directogy. This directory, or its containg files by name as listed, are not contained in the zipped file being downlaoded in the resources site. How do I obtain them?

Thanks in advanced,

Carlos

Nick Miller
    Answers Provided

Post Re: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

Hi Carlos,

the vehicle commander application template does not ship with data that you can use as basemaps for the application. It is expected that users will have authored their own basemaps. These basemaps can be built using ArcGIS to create either tile packages, compact caches or map packages. You will then need to provision these packages to the device where you wish to run the vehicle commander application and edit the configuration file accordingly to point to those packages.

Regards,

Nick
    Nick Miller

Carlos Colón-Maldonado
    Answers Provided

Lightbulb Re: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

I must have missed that part on the enclosed usage guide. Good to know!

M. R.
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

Hi Carlos,

I had the same question. Now I am using the argisonline maps as basemaps which works pretty good. Unfortunately these services stop serving images when zooming to the extend of the MapPackage which is delivered with the template.

Sample for using basemaps in the config:

<layer name="Imagery" visible="true" type="TiledMapServiceLayer" basemap="true">
    <datasetpath>http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer</datasetpath>
    </layer>

Regards,

Martin

Derek Foll
    Answers Provided

This post is marked as the answer

Default Re: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

Hi Carlos,

On arcgis.com if you do a search for "tile package for Jalalabad" or follow this link http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html...51176b738840ba you will find a sample tile package that can be used as a basemap for the Vehicle Commander application.

Once you have the tile package you will then be able to create the directory specified in the mapconfig.xml or edit the mapconfig.xml to point to where you have stored the tile package.

d

Carlos Colón-Maldonado
    Answers Provided

Smile Re: Vehicle Commander mapconfig.xml resources list

The tile package from the link Derek suggested does serve as a good start for using the template, but it behaves similarly to Ricksson's suggested online map when zooming to the expected extend of the intended map package.

I have since gone ahead and created my own TPK that supports the template with no anomalies.

+ Reply to Thread