+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications

Diego Llamas
    Answers Provided

Default Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications

Hi,

In my laptop I have installed ArcMap 10.1. I had to re install windows and after that I am not able to connect to a enterprise database. I got the error "Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communications software that is not compatible with the SQL Server database server" Click image for larger version

Name:	ErrorConnection.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	26761 I found this:
    http://support.esri.com/en/knowledge...s/detail/37287 But I'm not sure if I need to download The SQL Server 2008 Native Client (or the version of my SQL) and install it on my laptop. It has to be installed on the laptop, right? that is the main problem am I correct?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Diego Llamas

Leo Donahue
    Answers Provided

Default Re: Connection was attempted with an older version of SQL Server client communication

You are correct. You need the SQL Server Native client on your laptop, matching the same version as your sql server. If your laptop is windows 7, install the x64 version of the sqlncli.exe

+ Reply to Thread