Hi...I have a problem of depicting and animating a convoy move. Example:-
Convoy commences the move from a start point at 0900 hours i.e. the first vehicle crosses the start point. The last vehicle clears the start point after 10 minutes i.e. 0910 hours. Length of convoy i.e. distance between first and last vehicle is 5 kms. The first vehicle reaches the destination i.e. Finish Point at 1000 hours and the last vehicle clears the Finish Point at 1010 hours.
One solution which comes to my mind is to create a point at the Start Point giving it a Time value of 0900 hours depicting first vehicle crossing it and then create a point at the Finish Point giving it a Time value of 1000 hours depicting first vehicle crossing it. Similarly, at minus 5 km distance from Start Point, I create a point depicting last vehicle with a time value of 0850 hours, then a point at Start Point with time value of 0910 hours depicting last vehicle clearing it and then a point minus 5 km distance from Finish Point, I create a point depicting last vehicle with a time value of 0950 hours, then a point at Finish Point with time value of 1010 hours depicting last vehicle clearing it. This way, I can animate the point locations.
But I am interested in depicting the convoy as a linear feature along the route (e.g. with a convoy length of 5 kms) so that once the position of the first vehicle along the route is given, position of the is automatically drawn (being the last point of the linear feature) and then this linear feature is animated along the route.
Any help would be welcome.
Regards